Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, July 18, 2008

TV

We haven't had cable in two years.

Budgets are quite familiar to me since I'm a single Mommy, and the boys wanted cell phones. Actually, that sounded pretty good to me so that I could keep in touch when they were out and about on bikes or with friends.

I offered to get rid of our land line house phone as well as the cable, since those two prices added up to the new cell phone plan. They heartily agreed, and we haven't looked back...until Wednesday morning.

I was looking at an ad which promised the same cable channels we used to have for a lower price of $30 each month.

I thought about that. Last month, I spent $25 renting movies on the weekend. With cable, I could enjoy the weather channel and cry through a Lifetime for Women love story.

Hmmmm....why not?

And the installation is free! This company must be getting some pretty ferocious competition from satellite companies; I distinctly remember having to pay $45 the last time they were at my house. I couldn't believe it when they said there'd be no charge.

Nice.

I'm also looking forward to organizing some ministry stuff for the women at my church. God has already been dealing with me about some topics to discuss along with scriptures next week. It's good stuff!

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ha! I tell you , Michelle, we are kindered spirits! My husband just said to me, "what are you, twins?"

We just got cable a week or so ago after 10- yep, count 'em 10- years! We mostly didn't want it, because of our business (evenings are quite busy around here), but it was just so darn expensive that we really couldn't justify it. But it got to the point where trying to watch through the skipping and fuzz was nearly driving us crazy. And then there was the offer we just couldn't resist... that's how they suck you in!

Have a great day and I can't wait to hear more about your mystery parcel!

Michelle said...

I got it! I got it! I got it!!!!!

It's GORGEOUS!!!!!

And thank you for the extra surprises! They're beautiful!!!!

Sweetie pie, you are soooo talented!!!!!!! :o)

Did you get my check yet??!?!?!? If not, please let me know. I can stop payment on it and send another one your way. You were supposed to get it in a week. :o(

I've been running around literally all day, so I haven't gotten to enjoy the cable yet. Hmph. Maybe tomorrow...

Kimberly said...

Yay! I was getting worried there.
I'm so glad you like it and I hope it's what you were thinking of.

...I guess I need to pop your birthday gift in the mail this week if I want it to get there by August 16th...

Michelle said...

I'm startin' to get spoiled here, Kim! ;o)

Expect a blanket for Christmas. That's the only thing I know how to make, besides cookies...and they'd be hard as a rock by the time they got to you in Canada. :o)

Do you like browns or bright colors? You have a lot of wood in your home (at least in the pictures that I'm thinking of on your blog).

Would you rather have another color? Let me know; I'm going to get some yarn this week and start working on it.

Love ya!

Kimberly said...

You little darlin!

I've often said to Robyn (since I spend NO money on things that I could usually make myself) that I hate that there's pretty much nothing in our house that I haven't made... so I would treasure a blanket! ~thanks~

My house is done in a rusty red and mellow yellow. Reds, greens, yellows, browns, black... I'm just not really a big blue person. Unless I'm sad, because then I really am a big blue person. (I think the corny humor is from the three extra stregnth tylenols I just took for my ear pain. I'm going NUTS!!)

How about you for house color/style? Because you're right, Christmas IS coming...

Gotta go quilt - I hope to post some new pics a bit later today of four quilts on the go.

Take care, Kim

Michelle said...

Well, my house is pretty boring. All of the walls are cream/beige, but the kitchen is peach and yellow. My kids groaned when I picked peach. They said, "Mom, this is going to be so embarrassing! We won't be able to have anybody over!"

They have since changed their minds. :o)

I will try my best to finish your blanket before Thanksgiving so that it has plenty of time to get to you before the holidays.

Have a good evening!

Kimberly said...

...my thanksgiving or your thanksgiving...?

;)

not that I'm looking forward to it or anything!

Michelle said...

You're so cute!

Well now, I forgot for a second that you might not celebrate Nov. 25th as Thanksgiving!

I'll try to have it finished for you by October when it starts getting chilly. I won't tell you what colors I picked; it'll be a surprise! :o)