Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!

Ever since my Dad passed away, I don't take celebrations for granted.

I miss him terribly.

Sometimes I just want to call him up and say, "Hey! What's up? Do you have time to talk?"

But the good news is that I WILL see him again one day.

I'm actually grateful for some areas in my life where I'm more independent than ever before:

1. I have been financially on my own for several years. At first, I didn't think I'd be able to make it, yet here I am.

2. I no longer feel an intense desire to be part of a couple. For a while there I was so lonely that I wrote about it every five minutes on my other blog, but I can honestly say I'm content with who I am and where I'm at emotionally. God knows I'd like to be married again someday (to a Christian guy this time!!!!), but it's fine if He doesn't answer that prayer. I'm developing friendships with people of the opposite sex, and I greatly appreciate respect, honesty, humor, and affection of people in general (male and female).

3. I do not care if people think I'm odd because I won't do the things that they do (drink, smoke, swear, flirt a little too much, wear heavy make-up, etc.).

Thank you, Lord, for the healing process! I'm not naive enough to believe that I've somehow reached a place of emotional perfection and healing after my divorce, but I'm thankful to have You with me as the hardened, crusty, decayed parts of my heart slowly fall away. In its place I am finding a renewed urgency to live my life to the fullest. I appreciate that, and I'm so glad that you've taken that depression out of my mind and even out of my home!

Lord, I pray for my friend who was feeling a bit homesick last night. Jesus, his family is so far away, but at least they're in this country! :o) That doesn't help sometimes, though. Please let him have a fantastic time this evening as he enjoys the company of several folks who love him. I wish I could do something to ease his burden...at least I can pray until I think of something.

Father, I pray that you heal anyone who hurts and happens to be reading this blog. I pray that you help them be completely honest about their needs and desires, and allow them to see for themselves that You really are enough when it comes to enjoying happiness and fulfillment.

Surround each person with friends and family who love them dearly; allow them to hear how much they're appreciated and admired! I pray that all of us learn how to express our love for one another on a regular basis. Help us to be encouraging and not discouraging! In Jesus' name, amen!

No comments: