Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

How can you NOT worship God?

As I drove my son to summer school this morning, the sun was shining so brightly that I could barely see the red lights! Although the sun itself is incredibly hot, we only get just enough to warm us and help our plants grow. We don't incinerate if we step outside in it, and the soothing light calms our souls.

Isn't that balance amazing?

I was also struck by the brilliant hues of green in the trees and bushes. There are so many shades to enjoy!

By contrast, the sky was a lovely shade of blue, my favorite color! As I looked up into the heavens, the branches and leaves of those beautiful trees swayed like a toddler moving to music for the first time.

Beautiful.

While I observed all of the evidence around me that there is a God, my CD was playing, "How Great Is Our God." That's quite fitting, don't you think? :o)

God, You are so creative! I'm glad you like lots of colors! I enjoyed your breathtaking scenery this morning, Lord, and I pray that I never take you or your world for granted. Thank you for everything. Amen!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Nice post, Michelle! Good morning!
We're off to a heritage museum today with the fam... and the weather is amazing too.

(any sign of that darn sign yet...?)

Enjoy your day! What are your plans?

Take care, Kim

Michelle said...

Hi, Kim!

Museums rock! I love them; in fact, I probably should take my boys to at least one of them before the end of the summer.

No sign yet, but I'm eager!

Three times per week from 6:05-7:05 a.m. my friend, Janet, and I are going to walk for an hour together. While we were at our T.O.P.S. meeting this evening we decided to exercise together.

And guess what! I lost 5.5 pounds this week! Woo hoo! Yay for me!!!

You're only supposed to lose 1-2 pounds per week, but I did a lot of sweating due to yard work. It's pretty much done now, so I will lose weight at a slower pace from now on.

I'm not going to obsess about my weight any more, though. I'm simply going to plan my meals and exercise (just like last week). I think I should reach my goal by Christmas.

Pray for me, ok?

Oh yeah...I finally bought a charger for my digital camera. Hopefully I'll gather enough bravado to post some pictures of me both now and as I lose the weight.

Perhaps tomorrow...

Kimberly said...

Thet's not just woo hoo, it's woo hoo and a half!! Way to go!

...ok, now I'm jealous...