Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, July 19, 2008

How does God see you?

A friend recently brought to my attention that he thinks I should pray about my self-esteem a bit so that my view of myself lines up with the way God sees me as well as the way others see me.

He's right (as usual).

I have not seen myself as a "leader." In fact, in the last year or so, "pitbull watchdog" has been a more fitting description of me. I hate bullies, and I am quick to take them on...even if it appears I'm outnumbered. I suppose you might look at that two ways: either I'm strong-willed and incredibly brave or, as might just be the case, I don't quite have all of my marbles. ;o)

In any case, God has been doing some healing this evening, and I praise him for that!

I think God is trying to force me to be more compassionate and understanding. There are a couple of people who have been getting on my nerves (in addition to my lovely son); one individual in particular has no qualms about intruding on a personal conversation, and that grates my nerves to no end.

My mom is getting older, and it's starting to make me a bit nervous. I picked her up to run an errand today, and it was hard to see her moving so slowly and walking with a cane. She will be 75 years old next month; perhaps I should not panic just yet though.

Happy thought: I walked two miles at the mall today, and I caught my reflection in one of the mirrors. I stopped for a second and paused to take a closer look. For the first time in a while, I liked what I saw, extra pounds and all. (Praise God!)

I have been feeling grateful rather than anxious lately, and I praise God for that too! I pray that God blesses you and me with all that we need for today. When I was blessed with an abundance of money and time, I didn't even attend church or read my Bible. Perhaps it's best that I struggle for a bit more...


No comments: