Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

semi-happy day at work

Midterms were due this afternoon, and I didn't have ANY failures! YAY!!!!!!!!

Most of the kids behaved and did what they were supposed to do! YAY AGAIN!!!!!

One little darlin' decided to test me, though, but I won (as always). Sometimes they insist on seeing how far they can push (and with me it isn't very far). I am Momma in my classroom, and the quicker they understand that, the better.

Either they respect me, or I force them to fake it. :o)

I think I made my point this morning. The rest of the day was lovely!

Lord, thanks for helping me to handle some situations that could have easily blown out of proportion. I am specifically praying for T----. He's mad at me, but he'll get over it. I pray that you help him to stay focused during the lessons; help him to care about his own grades. I pray that you relieve the stress at home; he's so young to have to deal with raising siblings. Give him peace, God!

Please watch over every family that's represented, especially the young man who helps his Mom who is on dialysis three times a week, the young man who was kicked out of the house as soon as he turned 18, the young mother who is finding out that having a baby at 16 wasn't as "cute" or "glamorous" as she thought it would be. Jesus, you know each of their struggles. Please help them to make the right decision every time they have a choice.

God, I'm on my way to the hospital to visit a woman from our church. I pray that you give her peace and remove all fear. I also pray that you remove anxiety from her son, who happens to love his Momma dearly. Let him relax, God! Allow him to rest in the knowledge that he serves an awesome God! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: