Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, July 13, 2008

"Do as I say, not as I do!" [Why? Cuz I said so!]

That was directed at my kids, not you. :o)

I had told (err..."asked") them to help me clean the yard since I'm going to have several women from the church over on Wednesday.

Yet my room was a mess!

One corner received everything that had been removed from the kitchen table the last few times we cleaned the kitchen. There were old bills (I had already paid), Christmas cards I had never opened, and a paycheck! (Yep, I get an extra $111 tomorrow when I cash that baby!)

How does one so strapped for money FORGET to cash a paycheck?

Duh.

I was proctoring an ACT test one Saturday two months ago.

Good news: My room is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L now!!! Yay for me! I only have one section to finish in the morning, but that shouldn't take more than an hour. There's not much left to straighten up, but there are a ton of papers I need to go through. Hopefully, most of it will be trash instead of stuff that needs to be filed.

My ex-husband is coming over tomorrow to clean the gutters for me while I trim the rest of the bushes that I didn't get to on Saturday. Then all I have to do is weed the side of the house, and I'm done!

I'm planning on making sugar cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and fat-free/sugar-free jello on Wednesday. I'm also going to serve coffee, hot tea, iced tea, and milk.

I might be going out of town on Friday. My buddy, Kathy P., offered to give me a ticket for the Women of Faith Conference at Gund Arena in Cleveland. Those suckers cost $150 a pop, so I will definitely be blessing her with some money this weekend. The only problem is I have to find a hotel at the last minute. If I'm supposed to go, then it will work out, right?

God has been giving me so much joy, and I'm not taking one second of it for granted. (THANK YOU, God! You rock!)


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

So... am I invited to your girls' night?

;)

Michelle said...

Absolutely!

Believe it or not, I actually know you better than some of the women in my church!

I wish you could be there for moral support.

I think that's part of the reason why God is leading me to pull the women together. He wants us to be unified and to support/pray for/encourage one another.

My agenda for the evening is simple: open with prayer, study the scriptures for next Sunday's sermon, ask for prayer requests, and then pray to end the evening.

We'll be enjoying refreshments the entire time. I want to pamper them a bit.

Have a wonderful day!