Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day One: so far, so good

Anyone who has experienced an eating disorder (i.e., emotional eating, bulemia, anorexia, etc.) can appreciate that I did very well by sticking to my daily intake of 1670 calories today. Actually, I didn't quite eat all of those calories because I was full.

Today is also the first day I've eaten 3 balanced meals and a snack. Until this morning, I had been fasting (eating one meal per day) and praying about a couple of issues in my life. Thankfully, God answered all of those prayers. :o)

I was tempted with donuts this morning (but Annette didn't know I had been fasting or that I was trying to be good), and I was amazed that I didn't buy anything (like Starbucks mocha or a pretzel with cheese) when I took a child and three friends to the mall this afternoon.

I did, however, run into my buddy, Dominic. He was a bit down because he put his girlfriend on a plane to Nevada, but the move is only temporary while she's in school. I gave him a big 'ol hug! He'll get to see her in August (so please keep him safe on that trip, Lord!).

I will be taking the same child (with friends) to the Trumbull County Fair tomorrow, but I didn't know I would be working at it from 6:00-10:00!!!! Kurt called 30 minutes ago and said he needed some help, and tomorrow is my first day of vacation. The timing is pretty spiffy, eh?

Tomorrow is also my son's first day of summer school so that he won't have to take gym during the school year. He's thrilled that he won't have to be sweaty when he goes to class this year. I better get some sleep; tomorrow's going to be a long day.


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey there, you are one busy chick, even now that you have "time off"!

Congrats on day 1!! I couldn't pass up Tim Horton's english toffee cappuccino this morning, but in my defense, I was in for a looong drive out to the beach with the girls and their friend and I didn't have quite enough sleep behind me.

I don't think I've actually ever kept track of calories at all, but the points system is sure burned into me, whether I follow it or not! (My Starbucks fave? A grande, nonfat, no water, extra hot chai tea latte. I think it's only 5 points and 1 milk serving...yum!)

I hope all is well with you and that things are going better. Just let me know if you need to chat!

Bye...Kim

Michelle said...

Hi, Kim!

I can't sleep!!!!! :o(

I took a nap this afternoon, but I don't think I'm going to do that anymore. I have to take my son to school by 7:15, which means I have to get up early for the next two weeks.

I have never tried a grande...perhaps I'll treat myself if I lose weight this week. All I have to do is go their website and see how many calories it is.

I know...Weight Watchers is in my brain too. A McDonald's ice cream cone is only 3 points! That's my favorite summer treat, but it's been a long time since I bought one.

Yes, things are going better, but they're definitely not easy. I think I'm supposed to suck it up and go with the flow.

At least I get to spend four hours with my friend, Kurt, tomorrow. That's always fun!

I am going to play a game of Tetris and see if I can get tired enough to actually fall asleep. I will talk to you tomorrow! God bless!