Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I joined T.O.P.S.!!!!

As you can see in my picture, I'm chubby. What you DON'T see is that I'm actually 30 pounds heavier. Yes, I've gained that much since last September when the picture was taken.

I am what you'd call an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy, sad, depressed, excited, terrified...you name it, and I want to eat because of it. ;o)

Anyway, this year has been hellish. I have had some crazy ups and downs, and I don't want to get any bigger. On the spur of the moment, I thought, "Why not join T.O.P.S. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) at my church?"

So I did...and it was CHEAP! It's only $24 per year and $1 per week. I used to pay a heck of alot more (and $12 / week) at Weight Watchers.

These women are already my friends, and I love them dearly. I also get to learn about weight loss, share successes, get encouragement when I need it, and enjoy healthy, godly fellowship every week.

I'm also extremely competitive, so I simply CANNOT let anybody lose more weight than me during any given week.

I enjoyed myself tonight.

Prayer time:

Thank you, Lord, for letting me enjoy some time with Melanie today. She is a nut, and I love her dearly! Please let the class respond well to her; I even pray that they do better for her academically than they did for me. I want them to succeed, God!

I'm also grateful for the prayer time with my pastor today. I have some more to pray about, but not here. I need You to help me to stay obedient, even when I find it hard to do.

I'm embarking on yet another weight loss journey. This time, God, I'd like to lose the last bit of weight once and for all. I want to be healthier and happier (physically and emotionally), and I'm asking that You be with me every step of the way. Keep my attitude positive, and remind me when I'm tempted to eat something unhealthy, especially when I'm not even hungry. Help me to pray instead of eat excessively, Lord. Thanks! In Jesus name, amen.


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I think you and I are on the same page my dear... I was just telling my sister today that it's time to get myself whipped back into shape (I had a VERY uncomfortable moment in a dressing room today complete with lots of self loathing, although I did get a sweet new sundress that actually doesn't look that bad!)
I am actually a lifetime member at WW. Now if I could just tell the scale that! I'm about 20lbs up from a year ago. You'd think I would just learn since I've gone through the whole lose40lbsthing at least two times. I mean, come on right? I'm a 30something semi smart woman who should know when to quit filling my face...but alas, here I am again!
I wish you ALL the best, but only if you will do the same for me!

My family is coming over tonight for a movie and we'll have fruit salad. ~*SIGH*~ I guess mine will be without ice cream. But it's all good, right!

Take care and I'll pray for you lots!

xoxKim

Michelle said...

Hey Kim! Yes, I did Weight Watchers too, and it worked really well but I stopped going several years ago.

But I'm glad that my church has a group of women working on becoming healthy together. Yay!!!

I have my menu planned for tomorrow, and I'm pretty psyched about that. I'm not looking at this as a "diet." It's simply a healthy way to live for the rest of my life. I'm even being held accountable for whether or not I exercise!

We are not required to share whether we've lost or gained weight, but it's encouraged (again, for the accountability).

My goal is to lose 60 pounds by next summer; I think that 5 pounds per month is realistic and very doable.

I want to be healthy. Praise God that my sugars were fine when I went to the doctor last week. (That's a big deal for me since both parents had diabetes.)

Enjoy your fruit! I need to go to the grocery store soon so that I can pick up some more healthy choices. We have been eating healthy here for years; my problem is emotional eating.

I already enjoy exercising, and Taebo is my all-time favorite calorie-burning workout. I just have to stop eating when I get upset (which has been way too often lately).

I promise to keep encouraging you as I begin this program which, hopefully, will help me stop being an emotional eater. I think I'll be much more successful since I'll know that my friends will see the menus I plan.

Best wishes! And by all means please share any successes you have! I'd love to hear about them!