Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

l-o-n-g day....

Man, it's been a long day. Maybe it just seemed long because I don't feel well. But I was fine when I was walking with my friend, Janet, from 6:15-7:00 a.m.

I tried to rest on the couch in the library at church. I did ministry stuff the rest of the day, though.

Let's see...I had at least seven people throughout the day hint that I should go to the doctor.

I don't wanna.

I'm pro'ly going to wait a few more days and see what happens. If I'm still feeling crappy, I promise to go to the doctor on Monday or whenever I can get an appointment, ok???? :o)

I listen to an on-line smooth jazz station when I'm working on church stuff, but I think I'll switch to 95.5 the Fish instead. That's one of my favorite Christian stations. I don't pay attention to the songs half the time, and Pastor said, "Hey! Whoa! That's probably not good to listen to at church!" Ummm....I hadn't even noticed, but "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera was playing!

Duh.

Anyway, I ran Bible study tonight with the craziest hair ever! Why? Well, I went to the park to walk for an hour, but half of it was under water from the rain we had this afternoon. One time around the mall is one mile, so I walked two miles. I ran into a friend who hadn't seen me in a while, and she kept playing with my hair. I kept wanting to scream, "STOP! You're going to make me have an afro-puff!!!!!"

But she was so depressed, and I decided that I'd suffer the consequences if playing in my hair makes her happy.

So Super-Afro-Puff-Girl taught about the BIble tonight! :o) And we managed to have some wonderful prayer time, too.

The most intense part of the evening happened after the Bible study when I had to do some one-on-one ministry. One gal has so much going on...it was quite humbling, really. My problems seemed so silly compared to what this woman faces on a daily basis.

I'm exhausted. I will write more later. Peace to you, and "Goodnight!"

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love the afro-puff image! Ha! If anyone gets too close to me, it's the grey they notice! Seriously, my dad was totally grey by the time he was 26. Thanks a lot, Dad!
Thank goodness for the home dye job option, otherwise I'd be broke!

Michelle said...

Honey, I started dying my hair last year. My hair is naturally three different colors: dark brown, silver, and red. I'm part Irish, and in the summer you can really see the red highlighs.

I was dying my hair dark brown, but a friend said, "Hey! That dye is pretty on you."

Um, that's not quite the response I wanted to hear. I decided to lighten it one shade to look a bit more natural, and so far, so good. The only thing is that I think I'm going to cut my hair soon.

I've had several people in the last two days tell me that they think I looked better with my hair short (the way it is in the picture on my blog). It's a few inches longer right now. Maybe I'll cut it next week.

Kimberly said...

...PICTURES, that's what your blog needs... PICTURES!!

Michelle said...

I have a couple on my digital camera...I just have to put them on here. I'm so sleepy at the moment though. After I write my blog entry for the day, I'm going to get some shut-eye. I will try to get some picks up here soon! :o)