Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 7, 2009

tough love at its finest

I just had a difficult word with my son. He has been going downhill lately; I'm not sure if his friends are influencing him or if he's dabbling in activities I'd shudder to know about in detail.

Regardless, his grades have dropped horribly (from straight A's to three D's in the third quarter and an F currently, and I don't know about his other classes yet.) Midterms will arrive in one week, and I'm not thrilled about opening that envelope.

I have told him in no uncertain terms that if he doesn't work to take care of himself, then I'm certainly not going to do so after he turns 18. Now he has an incentive: either get his act together so that I can help him through college OR prepare to live on his own in two years.

I have never felt so helpless. If I don't do something, though, he will end up like some other relatives I know and love. I am not a man; I do not know how to make one, either.

Please pray for him (and me too). Thanks.

No comments: