Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 11, 2009

God was showing off today!

I spent an extra hour in the grocery store this evening. :o)

Yep, God gave me a chance to minister to someone who was hurting. By the end of the conversation, she was laughing! God is awesome!

I feel great! I can't even describe how free and exhilarated I am at this moment. Wow.

My day at work was awesome too. One of the assistant principals tried to get me in trouble on Friday (after being a dork himself and attempting to "correct" me in front of my class). On Friday, I could have dwelled on it and stewed all weekend, but God had me re-focus my thinking. I had planned to go to the Relay for Life, so I kept my mind on those cancer survivors who continue to need prayer.

This morning the Lord led me to stay positive, so I spent a few bucks on thank you cards, packs of bubble gum, and some 100-calorie bags of chocolate covered pretzels. I wrote an individualized thank you note to each of the principals who have helped me this year. I encouraged them and deliberately mentioned specific acts of kindness they had shown me.

That made their day! It was so cute to see their faces light up when they saw me. Isn't God amazing? Instead of letting me whine and complain (which is exactly what I had planned to do), the Lord nudged me to be a blessing instead. That, my friends, was MUCH more fun!

My principal wanted to know exactly what happened on Friday, and I told her. I also explained that I didn't expect her to do anything about it since I'm a big girl; I simply wanted her to know that I wouldn't be as polite if he ever did that to me again. She said, "Oh no, I am going to do something. We (principals) have a meeting today, and I will make sure he doesn't treat you that way again."

Today I lived the scripture, "All things work for the good of those who love the Lord!"

Ha! I love it!

Then I got a hug from her (not a reprimand or a write-up) and was thanked for all of my hard work.

So there, devil! God is always in control!

I'm also getting pretty excited about starting class next week. It will, no doubt, be difficult to keep up with grading, lesson plans and my graduate work, but I'm sure God will help me. I'll keep you posted.

Keep me in your prayers, especially next week, okay?

You will definitely be in my mine. God bless you, my friend.

No comments: