Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 7, 2009

peaceful evening

I had to tutor after school until 4:30, but I've gotten so much done this week. I spent many hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and today prepping for summer school. I have ALL of my lesson plans done and made all of the copies I'll need for the entire summer session. This afternoon I typed out my own notes on the introductions to each literature unit. All I need to do now is make an answer key for every assignment. That way, once I start teaching summer school, I'll have a much easier time. My goal was to be efficient so that I can use every spare moment to study for my grad class.

Happily, I finished with all of my work by 5:30, so I was home by 5:45 this afternoon. Wow. That's the earliest in several weeks!

I was sorta brain dead when I walked in the door, so I made hot dogs. (At least we had food, eh?)

I spent the evening talking to my Mom (who popped over for a visit) and then watching a show on houseboats. I want one. Unfortunately, my teacher salary will never be able to afford the $300,000+ cost. Oh well; I'm blessed to have my little house. :o) God is amazing! Last year, I was thinking to myself, "I'll be debt free in three short years. I can make it!" Now, I'm only two years away from having a lot more financial freedom.

I'm going to bed early tonight so that I will be rested for the Relay for Life event tomorrow evening. Do you have one in your area? It's an awesome 24-hour walk-a-thon! We raise thousands of dollars for cancer research and to help the American Cancer Society with their mission. I'll probably only stay until midnight, but I'll go home, sleep, get up at 6:00 a.m., and get right back to walk some more.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: