Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 1, 2009

still seeking God

I enjoyed some awesome worship last night! Although I was alone in my living room, I felt a big 'ol hug from the holy spirit as I played and sang to the Lord. Man, it was fun!

I saw an ad in the paper for 80% off pianos. If I could, I would look into that. I need a couple of years (exactly two) before I'll be debt free. Then I'll be able to pay cash for a new piano. My old one will go in the basement; I will never sell it because if was a gift from my father. Since he's in heaven now, I won't be getting anything else from him.

My friend, John, called me yesterday for the first time. We have worshiped together before, but we've never had telephone conversations. It's amazing how God gave him exactly what to say to me. Wow. I'm going through some personal issues right now, and I didn't want to talk about anyone to him. Yet, John spoke directly to my heart, and I'm grateful.

God sees you where you are...even when you think He doesn't.

Are you hurting too? Do you need a hug? Let me pray for you:

Lord, thank you for a wonderful day! We're supposed to have thunderstorms, but I'm so glad that it's not bitter cold anymore. Father, we are so blessed to be able to speak to you in such a personal manner. You are definitely amazing! We are in awe of you! Thank you for walking with us today, for holding our hands when we're afraid, and for granting us peace when we can't figure out how to attain it on our own.

Jesus, so many people are hurting right now. Please touch their minds; give them the tools to rest in you today! I pray that you will allow us to grow in our relationship with you, and I also pray that those who have been hurt by churches would forgive quickly and move on (myself included). I pray that your love, a love that surpasses all understanding, would wash over us today! We need you more than ever, Lord!

I also pray that we will be able to share that love with those who have never formally met you. Use us, lord, to enlarge your kingdom in heaven! In Jesus' name, amen! :o)





No comments: