Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 22, 2009

totally random pictures

Here's our Christmas tree. Jamil did a magnificent job, eh? I don't like a lot of ornaments, but there are lots of white lights that you can't see. (Trust me on this one.) Sitting in the dark with only Christmas lights on is SOOOOOOO relaxing after a crazy day at work.



This is the gazebo in the park (that didn't exist when I was in high school). Back in the day, this was just a broken down, pot-hole-filled parking lot for the equally dilapidated 9th grade building (which lavished its asbestos and critters upon us). Nice improvement!



This is the middle school I attended. These are the same colors I saw every day in 1985!



This, my friends, is my illustrious high school. The outside has held up pretty well. I walked the halls two years ago, and I must admit that this building is long overdue for some tender loving care.



This is my buddy getting married to her sweetheart. Keep this very young couple in your prayers, please. I don't know him very well, but she is near and dear to my heart! :o)


That's all for now. I'm going to make a concerted effort to take more pictures over the next few weeks. Life will be hectic as I teach and attend my poetry class, but I will have two weeks off in June. That's when we'll get the house the way I want it. I'll try to show you when we're done.

My friend invited me to a grown up picnic/party on Sunday afternoon. Yay! I get to meet some more people! I'll try to remember to take my camera.

Have a great evening! Love you!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay! More pics! Keep 'em coming, my friend!
Any requests as to what you'd like to see from this end?

Michelle said...

Hi, Kim!

It's amazing how much easier it is to upload pics when you have a new computer. My other one was a treasured gift from a friend when my own computer died last summer.

You already do such a fabulous job of putting pics on your blog. I enjoy the mental vacation every time I visit. Keep up the good work! :o)