Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 16, 2009

long day

It seems as if I've been running all day, even though I had a bit of a break this afternoon.

Since I've been having more bad hair days than I'd like, I got my hair chopped off this morning. Don't worry; I still look like a girl. I tried to get it cut into a cute style, but alas, my natural curls are still doing their own thing. Fiddlesticks. At least I felt a bit cooler.

Then I went grocery shopping this afternoon, and I just happened to time this perfectly: as soon as I finished in the check out line at Wal*Mart, it began raining so hard that you couldn't clearly see 20 feet in front of you.

Nice.

After my second shower of the day and a quick change into a dry outfit, I went to a funeral (the wife of my friend, George), and I was a bit taken aback by the figure in the casket.

She looked just like an older version of me.

Weird...and just a bit creepy.

I met George's son and daughter (who hugged me a bit tightly for someone who doesn't know me at all). Perhaps she just saw my resemblance to her mother. The funeral home was huge, but it seemed tiny with so many people in attendance. I decided to leave quietly after noticing there were only 5 empty chairs left and at least 50 people standing.

I love to drive on the highway, so the journey home was relaxing.

My son went to the mall with me, and I decided to get my nails done. I used to pamper myself this way every two weeks, but I stopped when I got a job as a music director. Now that I won't be playing regularly, nails won't be a problem at all. Working with them is truly like riding a bike: I'm tickled at how quickly I'm typing right now. :o)

My boys did a fabulous job cleaning their bedrooms, so they'll only have to do a little bit of yard work tomorrow. After church, Shaq will trim the bushes and Jamil will cut the grass. I will be dusting and cleaning in the house since I wasn't home today (although I did get the bathroom done before I left the house this morning).

I hope all is well at your house this evening. Good night.


No comments: