Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 25, 2009

I went to the Memorial Day parade downtown, and it was beautiful! The sun was shining brightly while a small breeze cooled us off. Perfect weather for a parade! :o)

I heard someone discussing a student of mine, and I turned around to see her mother. This little lady is her grandmother, who thought I was a teenage friend of my student! Woo hoo! I HAD to get her picture....



Don't they look dapper????


I would love to drive one of these...



...or these...


Our marching band is awesome! The seniors didn't have to attend this parade, but they did anyway. Cool, huh?


These flags are bigger than the kids! :o)


Our courthouse is magnificent. I tried to get the best view of it without getting in the way of other folks.



The guy in the suit is our extremely friendly mayor. :o)


This is a log cabin that sits across the street from Courthouse Square. If I had more time, I would have taken a picture of the steel cage my ex made in metal shop. There's a memorial in the yard, but I didn't want to make my mom wait for me too long.


Those are the best pictures I took today. Yes, there were others, but I messed them up somehow (cut off people's heads, had a blurred snapshot, etc.).

I will try harder next time!

If you've lost a loved one in the military, you have my deepest sympathy. Please know that his/her sacrifice is truly appreciated by all of America! May God's grace and peace be with you. You are in my prayers!

No comments: