Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, May 17, 2009

job offer

For the second time in one week, I've had to turn down a job offer.

I was approached to be the music director at a church I've never attended. If I wanted to play every Sunday, I could! I didn't accept because I feel God leading me to simply rest for a while (although the extra income would be lovely).

My first day at Maranatha was probably over ten years ago. I enjoy talking with the pastor and his wife, listening to Pastor's sermons, going to the women's Bible study, and participating in fellowship opportunities. My children already know everyone, and it's nice to simply be in the congregation for a change (instead of leadership).

Let's pray:

Father, thank you for the many income possibilities you have provided for me! I do, however, want to listen to your voice instead of being greedy about my finances. You know that I've been hurting, although I'm thankful for the peace and forgiveness You've helped me to feel towards some folks. Now, Lord, I'd like to move to the next step: I want to be able to show love to the individuals who have been harsh or merely didn't support me recently. Jesus, when I see these folks, help me to love them. Help me to see what You see, in Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

Daphine said...

Amen!
Continue to wait patiently on the Lord and He will direct your next step. He's never late....always on time!

Michelle said...

You are sooooooo right.