Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 18, 2009

first day of school

God is wonderful!

My professor calls the University of Illinois her alma mater. She's silly and approachable, and I'm so comforted by that. After everyone left, she was helping me set up an on-line account for her class. Since I'm a readmit grad student, some of my information was added late, but I'm finally able to participate on-line now and start working on my "poster."

We chatted for almost an hour after everyone else went home. ;o)

She is amazing! She mentioned the Miracle Whip factory that stinks constantly, and I grinned as I remembered someone else telling me all about that. She also said that there was a stench that oozed from the factory when they made Velveeta cheese. (Don't eat that stuff, guys!) She thinks that Illinois is beautiful in its own way, but she just doesn't like how flat it is.

Tonight was my first class of "19th cent. Am. lit." The syllabus is a bit overwhelming; in fact, of the six graduate courses I've taken, this is by far the most complicated and time consuming class. Yes, I will need to spend a LOT of time writing and researching if I want an A (and I do), but it's possible. Thankfully, she is not giving a final exam, but we will be working on six major projects over the next few weeks. I'll just need to keep up with the reading and papers...

...and my grading, lesson plans, and eventually finals at work...

...and summer school stuff in three weeks...

No sweat.

(I'm kidding of course. Please pray, ya'll, pray!!!!)

I'm happy, excited, thrilled, anxious, and nervous! It feels wonderful to be a student again! I'll need to miss church on Wednesdays for two months, but at least I can go on Fridays and Sundays.

How was your day?


2 comments:

Daphine said...

What an awesome thing you're doing! I commend you for it! I'll definitely be praying for you!

You go girl!

Michelle said...

Well, I'm an English major, so they think we wanna read all day and all night...

The first assignment (just the assignment, mind you) was four pages long. (sigh)

I am so grateful to God, though, for helping me through this. Have a wonderful day!