Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, May 24, 2009

afternoon of fun

My friends, Tim and Marlena, invited me to a barbecue, and I truly enjoyed myself! I didn't know the host family, so I wasn't comfortable taking pictures of their home (which was lovely). I did, however, take pictures of my friends...

Tim is a magnet for children! Watching them flock to him was absolutely fascinating! One little girl was upset because a loose dog was roaming in the garage, but Tim had her laughing and asking for a balloon of her own. He has such a gift! He is a clown too, although he's not wearing make-up here. He spent at least an hour blowing up balloons for every single child at the party.


A poodle:



A cat:



A pink unicorn:



This is Eric, one of the sweetest, friendliest kids (err..."young men") you'd ever want to meet. He also happens to be Tim and Marlena's baby boy. :o)



Eric's Mama and Papa:


God, I just want to thank you for a fabulous afternoon! I enjoyed spending time with my friends as I met new ones. Lord, I pray that you continue to bring your children together for fellowship and fun. It's important to study the Bible and pray together, but I enjoyed my afternoon of play and silliness with this awesome family. Bless them, Lord, with your love! Meet every need, and I pray that you continue to knit our hearts together in love as we seek your face on a daily basis.

Please help me to handle things well and to allow your Spirit to minister to my heart this evening. Thanks for being with me tonight, Lord. I love you. I also thank you for allowing me to play at church. I never thought in a million years that I'd be playing so soon, but I'm grateful that you're in charge (and I am not). Father, you amaze me...In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: