Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, July 31, 2009

hectic week

This week has gone by crazy-fast!!!!!

Today is the last day of my grad class, and I had planned on turning in my paper early because I'm such a nerd. However, I spent many hours ministering to folks this week during the little bit of free time I had. I'm no longer in leadership at church, but I haven't slowed down one bit as far as listening, praying with, and ministering to hurting people. I've even had people in my grad class ask me about my spiritual life. Cool, huh?!?!

Anyway, my paper isn't due for two weeks, but I'm going to write it tomorrow (Saturday) morning so that I can relax and breathe. This is the last paper I have to write for at least two years, which is when I'm planning to take more classes for the fun of it. At this point, it looks like the boys are going to college for free because of Wilson's disability, but I still want to help them a little every month. I'd prefer that they do not work while in college, so the money I would have paid for tuition can go for clothing, cell phone bills, food, or whatever they'll need. :o)

I keep forgetting my camera, but I'll try to take pictures of the beautiful campus where I've spent the majority of the last four days. It's gorgeous! A convent is on the other side of the grounds, and the nuns are so cute in their habits! They're sweet, too, and I enjoy chatting with them before/after class or on breaks. Walsh University pays them for three classrooms, and they've been renovated. It's an older building, but it looks brand new on the inside. I'll have to show you with some pics this evening.

My son, Shaq, volunteered to do some ministry with our pastor, and I couldn't be happier about that. My little one is going to the "The 99" with my mom tonight; maybe I'll see if since I'm a prayer counselor. I'm planning on staying until Shaq calls me for a ride home.

I hope you have a spectacular Friday!


1 comment:

Daphine said...

Hey friend!
It's been a hectic week for me too! I'm not complaining...it could always be worse is what I have to remind myself of.

I just took a few minutes to pray for you as you prepare to work on your paper this morning.

I would love to see some pictures girlfriend! Soooooooooo, remember that camera! lol!

Have a great weekend!