Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

in the way

When I was hurting and decided to leave the church, Brian stepped up and faithfully played every single week. Now, I am hesitant to play during a service. I want him to continue playing. Besides, he has been playing (and doing a great job!) every week.

I think I'll bow out for a while. Pastor will be out of town, and Brian actually wants to tackle the challenge of playing by himself. I don't mind; it's on my birthday, so I'll be able to sit back and relax. :o)

I'm not really needed at my church anymore.

The work that I would have done is now being accomplished by a beautiful, sweet, kind, loving woman who is willing to tackle just about anything.

The music I would have played is being done by the capable, friendly, lovable husband of a friend of mine.

I think all of this is happening for a reason. I won't say what that reason is here, but I sure am excited about it! I will keep praying for the growth within my church and the opportunities for others to become involved in ministry.

God, thank you for allowing me to move aside, to allow Brian to shine as he worships you each week. Thank you for blessing him and his beautiful family with a wonderful vacation! I'm also grateful for the folks who are willing to put their hands to work for you!

Father, I will continue to pray as you lead me, and I appreciate every opportunity to show you my love for you through obedience and humility. I am yours, Jesus, and I'm listening for your voice every day. I love you, Lord, and I pray that you continue to use me however you see fit. In Jesus' name, amen!


No comments: