Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, July 3, 2009

Lina's coming!!!!

I am sooooooooooo excited! My neice, who lives in Tennessee, will be here tomorrow!

The boys and I have been cleaning up more than usual since Mom volunteered my house for the family get-together, and I'm truly looking forward to seeing everybody.

I will have pictures soon!

I have been involved in several Bible studies lately. The first one is a women's group at M. Church; we meet on Tuesday evenings, and they are so enjoyable! There is one woman there who tries to dominate every conversation, but we cut her some slack since she is a new Christian. She doesn't know any better.

My personal Bible study time has been with devotionals from the book Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be, and it is going slowly. I am gleaning from this piece of writing, but it is starting to become aggravating to read. If I were grading her work, there would be several notes in the margin indicating her excessive repetitiveness. She literally repeats phrases verbatim several times within the same paragraph, and it's annoying. I will try to finish this book in its entirety, but I might not make it...

I returned to a Wednesday night Bible study (for FBC) this week, and it was interesting. I am currently praying about my role in this church (the one God called me back to), and I haven't heard any definitive answers yet....which is why I'm doing nothing except attending and giving my tithes/offering. We will have a special kids ministry this week on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evening. I am NOT gifted with little children, but I offered to help oversee the games. Others will be running them, though, unless they need me to help with that too. I was told that she needed someone to simply make sure the teens were staying on task as they helped the little ones play.

I have a few errands to run, and then I'm coming home to finish cleaning. Have a happy 4th!

No comments: