Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, July 16, 2009

God's goodness is amazing!

I shared my love for God with come folks today, and it felt wonderful!

I am totally enjoying my private prayer time with some Bible reading with the Lord, and I usually play the piano/sing some worship songs to God after work every day. My dog looked so relaxed as he listened this afternoon! :D (I'm serious! I think he might have felt the Lord's presence too!)

I confessed some immature behavior to someone last night, and he laughed. (I'm so grateful that I didn't get a long lecture. Instead, I received precious friendship, complete acceptance, and his typical encouragement. We simply sat and talked for a couple of hours like we used to do so often, and I smiled as I drove home.)

My Mom also got a visit from me last night; I just wanted to check in on her and make sure she was feeling well. We ended up talking and laughing in my car for an hour! She's reading a book and wanted to tell me all about it. :o) I didn't mind listening - - - I love her dearly.

Recently I read about some folks who displeased God so badly that the earth swallowed them up...including their wives and children. Aren't you glad God doesn't punish that severely anymore? If He did, I would have been dead long ago!

**** WHOA! **** I just got a call from my friend, Iva, who won tickets to the Women of Faith Conference in Cleveland tomorrow! And guess who she asked to use the second ticket?!?!?! Praise God! A few weeks ago some of my girlfriends spent some serious moolah that I just didn't have to arrange a group trip, but God knew the desires of my heart. It's funny; I type the title of this entry 15 minutes before the phone call! :o)

THANK YOU, GOD!!!!!

Let's pray:

Thank you, God, for your presence, your love, and your forgiveness! I know that I have found favor in your sight recently since my hard-headedness transformed to a desire to obey Your will for my life. There's still so much I need to improve, though. Please continue to walk with me every day.

Forgive me, Lord, for my immaturity! I know that you're not shocked by my decisions, but I am truly sorry for giving up on You too quickly. As I've already told you, I'm ready and willing to do whatever you ask!

Your kindness astounds me! I am humbled as you show me myself daily, but I'm also encouraged because I know that You are helping me in so many areas of my life. I am truly grateful!

Father, please continue to knit our hearts together! Remind us of what our mothers and grandmothers had said for years: "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." I also pray for balance as we try to communicate with each other regarding offenses. Don't let us judge and convict others; instead, Lord, allow us to simply address offenses in as loving a manner as possible and to feel eager for any correction that is going to ultimately bring us closer to You. Jesus, I also pray that you would embolden the women in my life so that they will be willing to correct me if they see me out of hand. I really do want to be holy because You are holy!

Thank you for the best evening (last night) I've had in a long time! I really missed my friend, and I'm so thankful that you've allowed the tension to totally disappear. He is such a blessing to me, and I pray that you bless him in every way. Father, I pray that you use me to bring him peace, to help him relax on the rough days, and to encourage him with visions you give me in prayer.

And thank you, again, for Iva's thoughtful heart! I'm still in awe that she thought of me when I'm sure she has lots of friends her own age! (I hope I'm not old enough to be her mother; perhaps I'm just 15 years older than her). God, thank you so much for allowing me to know this sweet, amazing woman who loves you with all of her heart! Bless her with a pain-free night of rest this evening, and touch her home with peace and excitement for what You're up to in their lives. Let her, her husband, and their cutie pie baby boy have some fantastic family time today before he goes to work. In Jesus' name, amen!


2 comments:

Daphine said...

Beautiful post! I really enjoyed reading it this morning.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to sit, relax and just chat with an old friend.

WOW! And what a blessing to receive an invitaion to the WOF conference! Talk about God's perfect timing! He's just that way, huh?

Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

Yes, the worship tonight was fantastic! The prayer time was wonderful too, and Mandisa really sang her heart out to the Lord. Wow!

I can't wait to see what God is up to for tomorrow's portion of the conference...