Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

Hello! I had a fantastic 4th of July! My family gathered at my house this year, and we had such a wonderful afternoon being silly, eating, and singing some worship songs together. You already know how un-talented I am with a camera, which is why I'm including some not-so-glamorous shots of myself to appease those who aren't thrilled with their own pics.

This first pic is of my beloved son, Jamil. He does NOT like getting his picture taken, but he humored his mama today. What a sweetie!




My Mom's excited about Lina coming over today!


This is one I took of myself just to see what the lighting looked like. Note to self: wait until hair dries completely after shower, and then check hair before pressing button on camera...


My son, Shaq, wasn't cooperating regarding a pic, so I snapped this one without permission. You can't run away if you're sitting down with a plate of yummy food! :o)



This is my sister mid-sentence as she's talking to the fam.


My sister Lani is getting a big 'ol hug from her baby girl, Lina. Man, it was good to see her today!


I got a hug from her too!


My Mom is surrounded by three generations of her family (counterclockwise): Lani (my sis), Lina (my neice), Tiana (sunglasses - my great-niece), and a family friend (pink top).


The guy in this picture, Christian, is Lina's fiancee. They haven't set the date yet, but they're shooting for some time in the spring. I hope I'll be able to attend!


This is what we saw of Aaron's (Lina's son's) head most of the afternoon. Oh well...I can't say that I blame him. If I were a 10 year-old kid, I'd probably prefer playing a PSP to talking with women at the kitchen table. ;o)


After eating a big meal, Tiana just couldn't hang with the big kids anymore. She conked out on the couch...errrr, on my dog! (Jazz didn't mind, though.) If you look closely at his face, you can tell he's more annoyed with me and the camera than he is with being her pillow!



Lina and Aaron are getting ready to leave, but we wanted one more picture with Mom.


I have more pics, but they're terrible. I just need to practice, practice, practice. I promise to try to improve so that my birthday (in August) or the Thanksgiving pics won't put me to shame.

Have a wonderful holiday! And God bless the USA! (And Canada!)

2 comments:

Daphine said...

Hey friend! I actually think your pictures turned out great! I am so glad to see some posted. Looks like you all had a fabulous time! I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Michelle said...

Thanks, Daphine! We had a fabulous time! Lina lives in Tennessee, so we only get to see each other every few years.

God bless!