Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, October 20, 2008

Teaching

Man, oh man....I needed a hug today.

I needed a hug so badly that I asked for one.

And got several. :o)

Teachers of the world....UNITE for a great big 'ol bear hug!!!!!

Wouldn't that be cool? We should all ban together at the end of every school day and simply encourage one another and hug...no complaining allowed.

Whaddya think about that?

My friend, P., was so frustrated today that, although he saw me walking down the hall with my supper in a plastic container at 4:45 p.m., he stopped me to chat for 45 minutes. He just needed to vent for a while and find a bit of empathy in a colleague. Hopefully, I helped him just a bit. If not, then at least he got a hug.

Have you hugged a friend today?

There's something powerful and soothing about human touch. I need it, and so do my students and my own children.

Don't you?

Unfortunately, because we live in such an incredibly litigious society, I don't dare hug my students anymore. It's just too dangerous, and our board has already believed heresay over an eye witness account in the case of one of my friends.

I can't afford to put myself in that kind of situation.

I wonder why students think we're out to get them. They seem to believe that their teachers, including me, can't wait to fail as many as possible. Why do they think that? Does it really seem plausible that someone would go to college, earn a degree, and go through the stress of teaching (especially teenagers whose hormones are raging constantly) solely in order to fail kids?

That's so silly.

Let's pray:

God, thanks for allowing all of us to have jobs that allow us to interact with your children. Each and every one of us, whether we're stay at home Moms or business owners, has an opportunity to brighten someone's day, and we ask that you help us to do just that!

Jesus, please touch P.'s heart. He's so frustrated, but I know that you can give him peace, even during a trying time in his life. Let him know how to effectively teach his classes. None of them are stupid, and all of them can achieve. Bless his classroom with an atmosphere that is tranquil and conducive to learning.

Give all of our students a desire to achieve more than they ever thought possible! Help all of us to remember that kids have bad days too. Lord, I pray that you are with us always. What else can I do to be pleasing in your sight? Just let me know, and I'm there! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: