Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 12, 2008

rough start...better ending

My weekend began with some tension between my older kid and myself. I vented in a blog...posted about his misbehavior and my lack of understanding as to how to fix it...then I deleted the whole thing. :o)

Here's what happened after some private prayer time this morning:

We had a great day at church, and the message was wonderful. There were moments, though, when I thought the guest pastor was speaking over heads of some folks. He still did a pretty good job though.

After church, I took my boys out for pizza, and we actually had a wonderful time! Then I dropped them off at the mall while I went to work at job #2: piano player for a local theater.

On the way home my ex called the boys, and child #1 explained what he did and why Mom was "really mad." Dad, thankfully, gave me some parental support.

There is no tension in my house at the moment, and I praise God for that! :o) Hopefully, the days of challenging Mom are over, although I'm not naive enough to think that's true. For the time being, I'm simply going to rest in the knowledge that God heard my prayers this morning, and I'm grateful for that.

I hope all is well in your world!

God bless!


No comments: