Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 2, 2008

reality

Well, I had a rather brutal moment yesterday: one of my students said, "Hey, Ms. S., my godfather told me all about you! He said he had you years ago and that he thinks your tests are cool!"

Ummm...the compliment is nice. Sometimes I embed a puzzle within the answers of my tests so that kids can figure out the pattern, even if they can't remember one or two details.

...but his godfather had me?

Geez.

Now that I think about it, though, my own son is a sophomore, so it's perfectly natural to think that I'm now teaching children who could very well be the offspring of my former students.

In fact, my first set of kids was only five years younger than me at the time...

...which means they are now 33 years old.

Wow.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

ooohhh, nothing like Reality to hit you when you least expect!

Michelle said...

That messed with my head a bit, Kim! :o)

I knew this day would eventually come, but I'm just not ready for it.

Hmph.