Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Good mornin'!

So....

I have played "Mama" to quite a few of my colleagues this week, and it's nice to know that they trust me.

It's even nicer to know that, even in the midst of my own chaos, I have a calming effect on others. (Trust me...it has NOT always been that way!)

I almost jumped into "Momma mode" with a total stranger last night.

She was yelling at the cashier for NO REASON. I kid you not. I think she needed some meds or something. Everybody heard every word she said, and she threatened to try to get the cashier in trouble by calling the manager and store owner.

Have I told you that I hate bullies? It is such a struggle not to intervene, even when I don't know the individuals.

As I turned to watch this chick put on a show (in front of her own two children, who no doubt are learning this behavior), I began to tire of her verbal abuse and was about to do something about it when my son grabbed my purse and said, "No, Mom."

Well, all I was going to do is ask her if I could have a word with her in private. Then I would deal with her exactly as I do any irate, frustrated kid: get down to the nitty gritty of what's causing the unacceptable behavior. Hurting people hurt people, and I have a hunch she was in emotional pain.

How cool would it have been to talk to her and , quite possibly, end up bringing her to Bible study next Monday?

Alas, my son was mortified, and the more I listened to this lady, the more she seemed a bit crazy. But prayer changes things, doesn't it?

Unfortunately, she left before I made up my mind what to do. If my son hadn't been with me, it would have been a no-brainer. I didn't want to make him uncomfortable, though. Besides, what if God was speaking to his heart and trying to prevent me from getting into a tango with a serial killer? You never know.

Pray for her, ok?

Let me leave you on a happy note: Of 165 kids, 163 are passing (and 69 are A's)! Woo hoo!!!!!!

I'm determined; just once I'd like to see everyone pass. I won't lie though; if they earn an F, well....


4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Nothing like a little excitement in one's life! My excitement usually takes a more boring route... I'm at home a lot, but really busy there. So... I guess I have to live through you and your experiences!
Have an awsome day today, Momma!
Love, Kim

Michelle said...

Hey there, kiddo!

They say the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...and I'm feelin' that right about now. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have some quiet time at home!

Thanksgiving is only a month away...

Kimberly said...

Thankgsiving... Honey, I'm trying to take off the weight I gained from celebrating twice this year, and then there were the leftovers!
Actually, no, I was very good and I passed up pumpkin pie! (What was I thinking!)
How are things going for you? Your 9 gone post was the kick in the butt I needed... now I just need a lot of luck!
Have a good one, Kim

Michelle said...

Well, actually something's not quite right. I'm losing weight, but my hands and face are puffy. Don't worry; when my finances get a bit more on track, I WILL go to the doctor. I promise!

Have a great day, and I love you, girl! :o)