Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, October 17, 2008

Pictures of a walk I took when I was missing my Dad

Every now and then I take a moment to visit my old stomping grounds, especially when I'm having a particularly difficult day because I miss my Dad. This week included one of those visits to H------. It wasn't a very long trip, though, since I only live 15 minutes away. :o)

Totally a novice when it comes to photography, I took these pics recently when I walked through my old neighborhood. My pictures don't do justice to the colors God uses to paint his landscapes. This tree has some amazing reds and oranges...beautiful!

This one's a bit fuzzy, but at least you can see the bright colors of the leaves. The Lord's not dull, eh? If this happens every single year, can you imagine what heaven will be like?



It's sad; I attended junior high for two years yet never noticed how beautiful the front yard was in October.

This is where I had my first crush (Greg), got bulky braces, accompanied the choir for the first time, and decided to become a teacher. (Thanks, Mr. Timlin!)



Although this is only approximately 1/10 of my high school, you can still get a feel for the architecture. My main concern at the time was focusing on the foliage.


Unfortunately, this didn't exist when I was kid...



...and neither did this. In fact, both of these cozy sections of town were only a parking lot for the old 9th grade building which has since been demolished. Nice improvement, eh?


Don't these leaves make you want to reach up and touch them? You can't tell from the picture, but they're actually 30-40 feet high.


How did you spend your day? For me, it was business as usual even though the kids didn't have school (NEOEA Day: Northeast Ohio Education Association Day). That means I spent most of the day in a professional development class. The instructor was Mr. J. who happened to be one of my Dad's best friends. Seeing him is always emotional because he and my Dad were inseparable. I suppose it goes without saying that I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I met someone today and gave him a big 'ol hug when he said, "So, Michelle, are you in high school or have you started college already?"

Nope...he wasn't joking! :o)

Ha! It seems that I get that reaction when I wear less make-up. Hmmm....maybe I'll wear no make-up for a while and see what happens...

Nah.

Too chicken.

And besides, the boys and I have an appointment to get Christmas photos taken tomorrow morning. I'm purchasing a small package so that family in other states can see how much my boys have grown. Have a blessed weekend!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Beautiful pica Michelle... Sometimes it's nice to walk down memory lane!
...I should be in bed, but I'm sewing like a crazy person right now...

Michelle said...

Thanks, Kim! I agree; although I was a bit depressed, I DID find comfort in simply being in the same space my Dad occupied when he was alive.

There are so many things going on right now, and I really wish I could call my Dad.

It's ok...I'll just pray about them.

Enjoy your sewing! After I get all of my errands done (around 6:00 this evening), I will finally have some time to myself. The highest priority is a certain blanket I started two months ago! :o)