Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, October 13, 2008

Thanks for praying!

Well, I certainly can tell that someone has been praying for me! :o)

The women's Bible study went extremely well this evening, and we went over our 1-hour time limit because there were so many questions! Yay!!!! I didn't have an answer for one of them, so I'll have to wait for my pastor to come back from vacation to see if he can elaborate.

One young lady said, "You know, I was so tired and had talked myself out of coming tonight. But I'm so glad that I'm here!" Double yay!!!!!

Then, as I washed the dishes and cleaned the stove before coming downstairs to blog and type an important letter, my son said, "You know, Mom, do you realize that you're doing single-handedly what it took Grandma and Grandpa two people to do? Grandma said you might be feeling like a failure, and she was crying tonight because she said that you treat her well, and it hurts her to see bad things happen to you all the time. And Mom, you're not a failure! You're raising two teenage boys all by yourself, and you're not a failure."

Wow.

All of that from child #1?

You KNOW that's God, especially after this weekend!

The beauty of it all is that he sincerely meant it. He smiled and cheerfully helped me in the kitchen, and I'm so grateful for such a quick answer to prayer. THIS is the child I know and love!!!!!!

God really DOES answer prayer, doesn't He? I prayed for myself tonight at the Women's Bible study, and I hope that my son will see answers to those prayers too.

Peace.


4 comments:

Sierra Leone Mission Trips said...

Well hi there!

Yes, I have been swamped too, but happy as well. The days are sure passing fast! And I am READY for the Thanksgiving break!!

You are so blessed to have a son who is sensitive to all that you do. I know you are proud of him!

I will be thinking of you...and praying for your family.

Many blessings!

Michelle said...

Can you believe it's fall already????

Wow.

THANK YOU for your prayers! I treasure them! You will be in my prayers as well.

Have a wonderful evening!

Kimberly said...

Hey Michelle, How are ya? I just sat myself down and got caught up on your newest posts. It feels like we haven't talked in SO long!

We were away for Thanksgiving and I brought along with me a little hand sewing. I am so very happy to tell you that your Christmas present is all done! (Actually, it's the ONLY gift I have ready to give!) It came out of the dryer this afternoon and I'm so happy with how the hand quilting turned out... I love how it does that little pucker when the batting layer shrinks! That's my favorite part!

... and since I don't want to show you the FRONT of your gift, tomorrow morning I am going to post a picture of the BACK of it... just 'cause I can't wait!

I hope things are on the upswing for you and that you're enjoying fall. Tomorrow after I run the girls to school, I'm crawling into my sweats, lighting some candles, getting dinner in the crockpot, and just sewing! I am SOOO looking forward to a day at home!

Have a great night and CHECK MY BLOG!!

Hugs, Kim xox

Michelle said...

Hey Kim!

Girl, I am STILL working on your blanket! Geez!

And you're already done with my Christmas present? Wow.

I would LOVE to have a day to slip into sweats and just crochet at home. I work five jobs (only four after Thanksgiving), so I don't have any down time yet.

It won't be this crazy for long.

Enjoy your day off! I have some pictures to post, but I don't have much time right now. I just wanted to thank you for working so hard on my present.

Have a great day!

Love you!