Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 19, 2008

priorities

I ran into an old friend today when I filled up my little car, and I heard some encouraging words. That was nice (and very much needed).

I also ran into a friend on Friday, and I got her number. She and I will definitely be spending some time together, which is a blessing because we haven't been in contact for at least 19 years! :o)

For far too long, I have neglected some folks that I love. I am definitely guilty of putting work before home, and that needs to change as well.

I am in the process of rearranging some priorities, and I am requesting prayer as I grow. Here we go:

God, thank you for allowing me to know you personally. I need help, God! Please let me hear your voice, especially about how I'm supposed to do all you're calling me to do. I know I'll need to shed some extracurricular stuff, but it's so hard...

Lord, thanks for my family and friends! I pray that you watch over my brother, who was supposed to continue his dialysis treatments. Please give him wisdom on how to take care of his body, and don't let him get frustrated or fearful.

I'm also trying to shed some unhealthy relationships and cultivate friendships that I think are aligned with what I'm supposed to do. At the same time, though, I don't want to hurt anyone, Lord. Give me wisdom on how to do that.

Finally, Father, I pray that every single person who reads this blog will be blessed with your love and joy! I pray that they receive peace and grace from you on a regular basis! I pray that they also feel your presence with them during the coming week!

Thank you, Lord, for watching over me. Remove everything in my heart, mind, and soul that doesn't reflect you or your word. Mold me into a better mother, worship leader, Bible study teacher, English teacher, and friend. Use me, Lord, to bring lots of folks into Your kingdom! In Jesus' name, amen.



No comments: