Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blessed!

God may not be giving me everything I want, but I truly have everything I need. My children and I are healthy and happy, my teaching position is in full swing, my church is full of love, my friends show me quite often how much they love me, and my mom is more active than I ever dreamed she'd be at age 75.

I am humbled as I think about all that the Lord has already done to take care of me emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Wow.

I'm not sure what he has for me, nor am I sure what I'm supposed to do at every given moment, but I'm learning to listen a bit harder rather than rushing into something. I haven't mastered this, but I'm a work in progress.

You are special to him too, you know. Be blessed!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for those uplifting words, Michelle (Again!)
...and just to clarify, that first pic of my office was taken AFTER I had started to rip it apart to clean. It wasn't QUITE that messy... ;)

Jenny said...

Aww.. a very happy and sweet post. It sure does sound like you were blessed with a great family and community and rewarding job! =)

Michelle said...

Hi ladies!

Yep, I'm one blessed woman. Unfortunately, sometimes I catch myself in the beginning stages of a pity party because it seems that everyone has a significant other to lean on when things get tough.

I realize that it's only natural to want that too, but I must wait on God. My life is pretty spiffy as long as I stay appreciative of what the Lord is actively working on at any given moment.

Praise God for friends like you two! I love you, and I pray for God's blessings to fall so heavily that you can barely catch them all!

Kimberly said...

Hey Michelle! Happy Sunday! I just wanted to let you know that I won a blog giveaway!! Woohoo!
If you want to see, you can check the 3 guys, a girl, and a prim place blog on my side bar and look under her post "Kellon drew a winner". It's PERFECT for my house!!
Bye for now, Kim

Kimberly said...

Hey, long time no hear from... how's life?

Michelle said...

Hey, Kim! Life is hectic but incredibly fulfilling. I wrote my last entry just for you. :o)

Happy birthday!