Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sometimes I just don't know what to do...

I got upset today over something that shouldn't have bothered me at all, and I wish I just didn't care what people think of me.

I'm trying my best (and have been doing so for several years now) to bless others and let my light shine. Unfortunately, there always seem to be a few folks who actually want to see you fail. That's sick...and more than a little sad.

I tried to cheer myself up by treating my boys to a movie (Hancock), and then I took them out to dinner at Burger King. My little one decided to be loud when I told him "No, you can't have milk." My reasoning is because he is constantly thirsty; I wanted him to get something with free refills; even water would have been better than two milks. My older kid decided to challenge me and question why I do what I do and say what I say, and that irritated me. Since when do mothers have to answer to their children?

My little one proceeded to sit at a totally different table and refused to eat the sandwich I bought him. Instead, he used his own money to buy another sandwich.

Ummmm....where does he think that $20 bill came from in the first place?

Then, when it was time to leave, both children sat in the back seat of the car. Usually one of them screams, "Shotgun no blitz!" which means, "I get to sit in the front with Mom!" So their decision to stand (err..."sit") united and ostracize me sent a message loudly and clearly: "We're mad at you, Mom!"

Whatever.

There IS a bright side to this: as long as they're both mad at me at the same time, they don't fight each other. Isn't that intriguing?

Perhaps I should make it a point to irritate them on a weekly basis....just to get a little peace and quiet...

(I'm only half-way kidding!)

No comments: