Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, August 23, 2008

quiet time

I want some quiet time.

Today.

I wish sibling rivalry were unheard of at my house.

I can't wait until the day I am able to see my boys be friends.

At least my headache is gone. [Thank you, Jesus!]

Although I'm a bit tired due to lack of sleep last night, I think I'll head upstairs to make some cookies. That's the least I can do for my buddy, John, who has spent quite a bit of time sending me encouraging letters over the last few weeks.

Then I need to work on my blanket. [Kim, you are going to get this on time if it kills me!]

I'm excited, though. School starts in a week, but that means I only have a week to get my room ready. Oh boy...wish me luck! A friend offered to help me, and I just might take her up on that. I can't seem to finish everything I have planned to do.

Lord, every day I wake up with such peace. Since that hasn't always been the case, I truly appreciate that huge blessing. Walk with me for the rest of the day, ok? And please bless my friend, N. She hurts, and she seems to be blaming me. But I know that you're able to bring true reconciliation, so thank you for working on that. Thank you for blessing me with everything I need. I enjoy your company, especially yesterday when I was praising you all by myself. You are awesome, Jesus!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Michelle, it's always great to hear what's happening in your life.
We just got in fron the Bowen market. Looooong day! But I cleared $400 before expenses (1 quilt gone!) and I am VERY happy with the day. Must have been your prayers! Thanks so much!
I'm off to bed. 5:30 came awfully early this morning!

Kimberly said...

Michelle, please don't let that blanket be the death of you! Cause if it is, then I just couldn't enjoy it properly!

xox Kim

Michelle said...

Hey Kim! $400? Wow! I'm sooooo glad that God has blessed you so wonderfully! YAY!!!!

And don't worry: I truly enjoy making blankets for people I love. Although I won't be able to watch you open your gift, I'm definitely enjoying the process of watching it get bigger over the last few days.

Take care and God bless!

Kimberly said...

I can't wait! I'm getting cold feet in anticipation!

Didja check out the pics of my gorgeous Grandma? She turns 93 on Thursday and we had her party yesterday. She's the most amazing woman... pianist at her church, plays carpet bowling every week, bingo at the care home she's in... her energy is so motivating!

Talk to you later, K

Michelle said...

I can't believe she's in her 90's! She's gorgeous! And she still does carpet bowling? That's really cool! I'm so glad that you're able to spend time with her; I have a feeling that you both bless each other!

You made me smile tonight. Thank you!