Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, August 4, 2008

blessings upon blessings

Have you ever had one of those days when things can't possibly get better? :o)

Well, I started my day volunteering at church.
My pastor and I looked through some old pictures and recognized quite a few folks. Then I enjoyed lunch with two of the nicest people I know.

We prayed for a lady who is lonely, and the Holy Spirit began to minister to her in a way that we couldn't. Yay!!!

Then my friend, John, drove quite a distance to give me a gift and a letter. He's such a nice man and quite compassionate too! We don't know each other well, so I can't even say that we're very close yet. But I'm definitely glad that we met.

After that, I came home to find a letter from my boss in the mail. She had taken the time to write me a personal two-page note about the wonderful job that I do for her. Wow....

Thank you, Lord, for such a fulfilling day! I feel content and peaceful right now, and I'm excited about what you're going to do next! In Jesus' name, amen!!!!!


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Michelle, that's awsome! It sounds like the love you show others is coming back to you! (isn't there a song about that...?)

Whenever you leave a comment on my blog, I always check over here because you usually update yours. And you know, I think that if I stay really busy this week, not only will I get lots done (woo hoo!) but the time will also fly by. With the girls gone, I don't miss the fighting and general kid stuff, but I do already miss them. Funny how they grow on you, you know? I've actually got a girls' day planned for this week and we're goin out with friends - kidless-ly - for the evening tomorrow. Yay! That does not happen very often!!

I better go, my bibs won't cut themselves!

Goodnight...

Michelle said...

A girls' night out? Sounds lovely!

My best girlfriend is out of town, so I'll have to enjoy a girls' night out next week.

Your little ones will be home before you know it! And I'm so glad that you're able to get lots of projects done while they're away. That should help you tremendously as the Christmas season approaches.

Have a great evening!