Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

FANTASTIC DAY!!!!!!

I started the day at a professional development class, and I was incredibly disappointed in my fellow teachers who talked while the presenter (who taught my son a few years ago) was sharing ideas. How rude! I was mortified and embarrassed! One would think that educators would have better manners, especially if they themselves would never tolerate such blatant disrespect in the classroom. Ooooooo, I was so frustrated!

Ultimately, I was able to glean quite a bit despite the constant, distracting chatter, so the morning wasn't a total loss.

Then I drove to my new classroom and fell in love!

I have windows!

Go ahead and giggle! :o) But my room last year was hardly comfy and cozy...I didn't have a single window. Someone made some rather true comparisons of my former room to a jail cell.

I agree, which is why I love my windows in my new room! Granted, the view is of a big 'ol pile of dirt, but I'm hoping it improves somewhat over the course of the year. Seeing sunlight as I teach will be fantastic!

I have so many cabinets that it's going to take some creativity to use them all.

The electronic parts of my room have me a bit nervous, but one of my friends isn't intimidated at all. So, if I can't figure it out by the end of September, then he's going to get a phone call. :o)

The air conditioning is working wonderfully, and the motion-sensored lights are pretty nifty.

I have quite a bit of cleaning and organizing to do before the school year begins, but I'm well on my way.

Thank you, God! Today has been fantastic! Please stay with me as I teach the women this evening at Bible study. In Jesus' name, amen!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Windows are a good thing! Congrats!
It sounds like things are really rolling along towards getting back into the swing of things!
When does school start for you?
I need to get out and do the supply shop for my kids... they're back in on Sept. 2... great birthday gift for me ;)

...bye!

Sierra Leone Mission Trips said...

Finished 5 days of inservice. Whew! New curriculum this year...so EVERYTHING is new. Brought a little work home, but I'm basically ready for Monday. I'll be glad to have my students. When they walk in the door I get pumped!

Michelle said...

Hi, Beck! I thought our 3 days of inservice were torture...wow. Is your brain fried? I'm sorry to hear that everything has been revamped; that stinks, especially when you've saved all of your lesson plans and tests. I hope your students are lovely and that you have an amazing first day of school! I'd like to hear about it! We don't go back until Sept. 2nd. Best wishes!