Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Second day of school

I am soooooo not looking forward to going to work today. I always enjoy working in my classroom, but today we have to listen to a 2-hour lecture on the perils of using drugs in the workplace. [They act like you'll get "help" if you tell them you need it, but someone who stepped forward has been terminated. What hypocrites!] Would you believe we have to listen to this every single year? They don't even bother to change it up!

Hmph.

At least I'll get three hours in my classroom before we have to attend that meeting at 9:30.

Lord, thank you for allowing us to have a frank discussion last night at the women's Bible study. We are learning to trust one another and beginning to share some incredibly personal struggles, and I praise you for that mutual support. When I was done praying, one of them prayed for ME. Wow. I'm in awe of you, Lord! And we're growing!!!!

Now back to this dating thing, Jesus. Honestly, I'm a bit nervous about it. I pray that you will give me wisdom and discernment when it comes to which guys get my phone number and which ones need to be handled more carefully. I pray that you will help me to kindly and lovingly decline offers from the ones who aren't putting you first. I have been in a recent habit of asking potential dates to pray for me; the ones who refuse have presented a deal breaker as far as dating is concerned. [John prays for me quite often! Yay! At least it's a positive, wonderful beginning of a friendship, right?]

God, I trust you, and I'm so thrilled that you are lining up everything in my life! My son, Shaq, and I had a wonderful afternoon together yesterday, although some of it was working at church. We didn't argue at ALL, and it was so pleasant to simply talk to him in the car.

I'm not "worried" about anything, Jesus, although I am a bit anxious about getting to know people of the opposite sex. So please calm me down if I get a phone call this weekend and help me to be able to talk without getting so nervous that I start stuttering! ;o)

Father, as I begin to have exceedingly long days once again, I pray that you help me to keep the boundaries I've set for myself. I'm willing to change them if you're calling me to do something else. Would you like me to help the choir boosters, even though you asked me to set aside time for you on Friday evenings and to keep Saturdays as my day off? Do you want me to decline both days? I need to hear you on this one soon, Lord, because he asked me to help this weekend. I didn't accept the invitation yet, but please let me know what you want me to do. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: