Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

running out of time to prep for school

Hi guys! It's been a long week, and I'm a wee bit tired. I've decided to show you instead of telling you what I've been up to lately. Janet took a picture of me as we were on our walk. This is me first thing in the morning. Scary, huh? [Kim, this is what I REALLY look like!] :o)



This is a picture of the hallway leading to my classroom in the new building. Everything is shiny and squeaky clean at the moment...let's hope it stays that way for a while.


See my window?!?!? YAY!!! When it comes to keeping track of several classes, lesson plans, grading, etc., a neat desk is essential for me. This is pretty much what my area will look like for the entire school year. Yes, I have teddy bears to keep me company. And what's that book next to the school house and flag? Oh yeah! That's my BIBLE! It helps me remember who I am when I get cussed out.


This is window #2 and one of 2 computers for the kids to use. I LOVE all of the space and cabinets!

There's so much beige and black throughout the building that I decided to slap some bright green on the biggest bulletin board. It might look corny, but I needed a bit more color. I'll change it to something else in the next few months.


This is my 6 foot tall son who is helping my friend, Melanie, organize her bookshelves. We couldn't figure out how to change the height, so Shaq came to the rescue! [You rock, Shaq!] Those little plastic pieces are a pain in the patooty.


This is Melanie singing and dancing after Shaq accomplishes his task. She's so excited about school starting...can you tell?


Thank you, Lord, for such a full life! Thank you for friends who love me. Most of all, thank you for being with me as I try my best to raise my sons, minister to the hurting, wounded souls around me, and prepare to teach your kids some English. Bless our classrooms, Father, with your peace and your love. In Jesus' name, amen!







2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay!!! You really do exist! And not just in type but in pictures, too! I feel like you posted them just for me... so Thank You!
You are beautiful and you deserve a huge hug for your early morning motivation. Hopefully when school starts, I'll start some morning walks, too!
Tell Shaq he's awsome for helping his momma, and Melanie that I love her "happy dance"!
...and your room is wonderful... just missing a lil wooden sign...
Have an AWSOME night!
Love ya! Kim

Michelle said...

Yes, I DID post these for you! You asked for pictures a long time ago, and I've only recently had a chance to figure out how to use this handy-dandy digital camera. :o)

I actually have it in the car, and I took a picture of it sitting on the edge of my white board. It's beautiful, and I already have someone interested in ordering a sign of her own. I will give her a card the next time I see her. I will post that picture as soon as I get home since I'm at church at the moment. My brain is totally fried from meetings...I just need a few minutes of fun before I finish the bulletin.

I'm a "beautiful" woman? I'm blushing, but thank you! (And it takes ones to know one!)

When do your girls go back to school? Mine boys start on Tuesday. They actually WANT to go back! I suppose I don't need to tell you that I'm excited too!

Have a great evening, and I love you too!