Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sometimes you've gotta CHOOSE to be happy!

And I'm definitely doing that right now.

One of my e-mail accounts is "keepinmyjoy," and sometimes that's hard to do, isn't it?

I am not allowing an irritating 10-minute conversation to dictate whether or not I have a good day. Have you ever tried to soothe someone who didn't want to be soothed? If so, then you know how awkward I felt. A lady is mad at me tonight, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. She was so hateful that listening to me was virtually impossible. I eventually stopped trying to give her peace since it was clear that she was simply in the mood to be mad.

She called me, but she didn't really want a discussion; I suppose she expected me to silently listen as she spewed venom. Although I gave her very little wiggle room as she ranted, I wasn't rude. Sadly, I don't think she feels better. I tried though!

But she's wrong...I'm NOT a horrible person. I do NOT walk around insinuating that my time is more important than anybody else's. I try to help others in any way I can. Although I don't have much spare time during the school year, I still make it a point to be available if my family, friends, or students need me. I don't try to make people feel self-conscious or feel dumb just because I'm an English teacher. In fact, I strive to do the exact opposite.

Perhaps I should stop fussing at you. After all, you weren't the one yelling at me earlier! :o)

Anyway...

Now that I think about it, I actually DID have a good day! Let's see:

1. Pastor Smiley did a great job today and used his recent camping trip and the idea of contaminated water to illustrate the meaning of "defiled." And thank God he can read music! I picked a song that NO ONE knew. Oops! I taught them the song, though, and they seemed to like it. Do you know "Wonderful, Merciful Savior"? I love that song!

2. My children have been actively working on behaving for me, and I'm quite appreciative of that. In fact, someone at work this evening mentioned how mannerly my boys are. What a nice compliment to me as a mother and to them as well!

3. My little one spent some of his own money to buy me a necklace for my birthday yesterday. It's a big 'ol heart that's full of colorful little gems. I wore it all day today.

4. My relatively new friend, John, left another gift and letter for me in the mailbox at church. I can't express how timely that was. God shared some things about me with him, and they were right on point. Wow...I'm touched that he prays for me so often.

5. I went back to work at a local theater, and I enjoyed catching up with some friends. One of my ex-students is trying to play matchmaker for me, but I'm not really sure I'm up for that. I guess I'll eventually have to get out there and meet some folks. To be honest, though, that thought evokes more anxiety than excitement. :o( But there is a bright side: At least I'm finally free to date if the right guy comes along. :o)

6. My Mom and I spent about an hour together this evening. She's so awesome! I was a bit agitated (due to my goofy phone call from Angry Lady). Being near my Mom brings me peace in a relatively short amount of time.

Thanks, Lord, for a GREAT day!!!!!


No comments: