Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First official day at work

I'm not used to such long days, especially several consecutive difficult days. This summer has been relaxing. Although I've been getting up at 5:30 a.m. to walk, it's different when you have to "work." As I walked toward the building, I couldn't help but admire God's pastels. Isn't He the most impressive artist?
This is the sky above the football stadium at the same time I took the previous picture. Gorgeous, isn't it????
I took this picture 10 seconds later. This is where my classroom used to be; by November, it will be our new parking lot with 500+ spaces.
Last but not least, this is my birthday present from Kim: a sign with my name on it. At the moment, it's resting on the ledge of my white board, but I need to hang it soon. [Thank you, Kim!]


Now that I'm a bit more comfortable using my little digital camera, I'll probably write less, especially as my free time starts to diminish in the near future. I need practice anyway; I'm a terrible photographer. I'll try my best to keep you posted on my life via words and pictures.

Have you ever been insulted by someone who had no idea she was insulting you? It's so awkward, isn't it? That happened tonight. At first, I was pretty bummed, but then I realized that she didn't really mean anything by it. I was easily offended, but innocent errors aren't difficult to forgive.

On a happy note, I've been thinking about my friend, John, a lot lately. He is the first gentleman I've seriously considered dating who is also interested in me. Although I don't want to rush into anything, I also don't want to put up my infamous "wall." He asked for my number, but I'm not sure why. I suppose I'll find out if he ever uses it, eh?

I'm exhausted. I'll try to write more tomorrow. God bless!

No comments: