Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What was I thinkin'?

I haven't been up this late on a school night in quite a while. Thankfully, ALL of my written homework is finished for this week!

Unfortunately, I couldn't complete the reading. I will try to get that done tomorrow afternoon by 4:30....which is when I need to head to class.

I forgot all about commencement tonight. I had planned on working straight through from 2:18-? to complete all of my homework, but I had to stop from 5:45-7:30 for graduation at school. It was beautiful! My job was to dispense programs...but only one per family. That always irritates some folks.

I finished writing, copying, and labeling make-up tests and then organized everything for tomorrow. It was 9:30 p.m. as I pulled out of the parking lot to go home. I had instructed the boys to make their own supper, but alas, they were waiting for me to cook when I walked in the door. So I made some ghetto spaghetti: I couldn't find a single box of real spaghetti, so I used my last box of pasta (lasagna). I couldn't make real lasagna because I didn't have all of the ingredients. I threw in a bag of frozen veggies to thicken the sauce, melted some mozzarella cheese on top, and voila! They had supper at 11:00 p.m.! ;o)

I'm not entirely upset about cooking so late at night since I now have a very nice lunch to take to work tomorrow. That way, I can eat at work and head to class as soon as the last child leaves my room. I can get quite a bit of reading done between 3:30 and 6:00 when class begins.

Thank GOD I don't need to keep up this pace much longer!!! Tomorrow is the first of three days for final exams (should be quiet at work for the rest of the week). Then Monday is basically a free day (and an early release day), so I will simply distribute final exam grades, 4th quarter grades, and year-end grades. I rarely see more than 40% of my kids on the last day of school.

As of next Wednesday, I will be able to work every day on my 19th c. American lit. class. I will be finished by June 24th, and then summer school starts on June 25th.

Let the good times roll...

No comments: