Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

nice switch

Tonight I went to a women's Bible study that wasn't a Bible study at all.

Once per month, we will forego our usual Bible study so that we can take time to split up in pairs and visit the sick and shut-in. My group had three since we had an odd number of women show up this evening, but that was still lovely!

One woman simply needed a bit of "girl talk." Her husband broke his hip, and she's alone for the time being. Sadly, we couldn't see one woman because she took a turn for the worse and ended up in ICU; they only allowed family members (and probably clergy). The nurse was lovely, though, and agreed to take our card back to Jennifer. :o)

When all of the teams were finished, we met at Jan's house to pray together.

What a humbling experience!

Several people told me that I looked beautiful because I was "glowing." Apparently, my joy is oozing onto my face. Yay! I'm horrible at being phony, so I don't even try. But that means people can see when I'm hurting or sad. That's why it's so lovely to hear that folks can see my happiness and peace.

Lord, thank you for blessing me with a happy, healthy, vibrant family who loves one another so completely! Thank you for allowing us to have everything we need: food, water, shelter, clothing, etc. I feel blessed and loved by You tonight! Please continue to help others to see my joy (not sadness or pain) from now on. I would much rather be a blessing to Your people! In Jesus' name, amen.


No comments: