Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 19, 2009

Blessing who????

I called the hospital's billing department today to make sure I'm not over-paying on anything. (Lord knows my budget is extremely tight. I don't have money to waste.) As of today, I've paid off 9 of 11 medical accounts due to my surgery in January. I only have two more, one of which is a whopping $1100 for the hospital stay. They'll be paid off soon (in Jesus' name). ;o)

Anyway, I had a nice little chit chat with the guy on the other end of the phone. With a giggle, I said, "Okay, buddy, let me have it. Give me a run down so I can figure out who gets what today." He laughed, and that was the beginning of a really cool conversation.

He turned out to be my age, and we chatted for a while about his family (mom and sisters are dealing with cancer...please say a quick prayer for them). He couldn't believe how positive my attitude was, especially since I recently had a cancer scare myself. I told him, "You know, I'm blessed to be on the phone with you right now. Things for me could have been much worse."

He must go to a pentecostal church cuz when I gave him my testimony, he started whoopin' and hollerin'! It was so cute! I must admit, though, I did feel an anointing as I spoke life into his family situation.

Today was the first time that a bill collector ever thanked me for blessing him.

Cool, huh?

Lord, thank you for allowing healing for this man who is already in your kingdom. Thank you for using me to bless him today! I don't know that man and will probably never speak to him again, but it was fantastic talking about Your goodness and blessing in my life! Thank you for his appreciation of me, too. It's nice to make someone smile. Father, I pray that you will continue to use us for your will, in whatever way you see fit. I pray for him and his family as they battle cancer and its repercussions. Bless them, Lord, give them peace and joy, and heal them completely - - - if it's your will. In Jesus' name, amen.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

So, is he married?

;)

Michelle said...

I never asked.

Isn't that amazing?

For years, I've been harping about feeling lonely. Today, though, it never crossed my mind to ask if he was single. I was so focused on trying to help him see that God is still in control of his family, even when it doesn't feel like it.

It sure was WONDERFUL talking to him, though!

Maybe the Lord will send me somebody really sweet soon. I will NOT allow myself to pick him. GOD himself has to clobber me on the head to date someone again.

I'm either attracted to men who don't find me attractive at all or men who don't meet my standards (go to church, pray, etc.) keep bugging me for attention.

I can't seem to win. :o)

Oh well...

Daphine said...

Beautiful post! LOVED this!

Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend too, Daphine! God bless!