Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, February 2, 2009

:o)

The Super Bowl was awesome, wasn't it?!?!?! Although I will be the first to admit that I don't understand all of the intricacies of the game, I still enjoyed myself thoroughly. My boys didn't even seem to be very irritated because I had too many questions; in fact, they were downright gracious!

I'm feeling better, but I'm still very uncomfortable. THANK YOU, Lord, for healing me slowly but surely.

I'm looking forward to going for walks soon. No, I won't walk outside on the ice, but I need to get out of this house. I've only been incapacitated for 12 days, and I have 4 weeks to go! Man, oh man....I'm starting to feel claustrophobic.

I just re-read an e-mail I sent someone this morning, and it was horrible! I'm not even on meds right now, but I still made a bunch of careless errors. Perhaps I should proofread before I hit "send," eh? :o)

I have more peace this morning than I've had in an awfully long time. I'm so grateful to know God! I'm even more grateful that he's healing me, both from the surgery and from some very old emotional issues. I've been spending a lot of time with the Lord lately (praying, reading my Bible, listening to Him), and I can't begin to explain how he's helping me to accept who I am and what has happened to me.

God likes me, ya'll! Isn't that cool?

Even though I've been couped up in the house for two weeks, I've still had several opportunities to minister to some other folks. Isn't that wonderful? God can use anybody.

My church family has been AMAZING. My fridge is still full, and I haven't had to cook a single meal since I came home from the hospital. I made steaks and potatoes (with Laura's yummy salad on the side) to eat during the Super Bowl, but I didn't have to cook last night. We still have a humungous pot of Melanie's yummy homemade chicken noodle soup and an entire pan of Laura's homemade lasagna.

God, thank you for my friends and family! They bless me every single day! Thank you for a pastor who preaches the truth, even when I'd prefer to be "right" instead of "corrected." I'm not sure why I typed that because I've been behaving lately, but I must need to pray for myself about that anyway. I like having the last word, but the last few conflicts haven't even been confrontational at all; he simply spoke confirmation on stuff you've already told me, God, and I appreciate that.

Please bless my church family in every way this week, Lord. Watch over our young people, and keep them safe from the enemy. Allow me to minister to whomever needs a little reminder of who they are in Christ; better yet, help me to lead someone to your love and comforting Holy Spirit for the very first time. That would be awesome!

Lord, I love you with every ounce of my being (and I have quite a few of them at the moment)! You are so kind, compassionate, and forgiving; help me to be the same. In Jesus name, amen!




4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great to hear that you're on the mend my friend! I wish I was closer and could help out too. I've been thinking of you lots and praying for your healing.
Blessings and hugs, Kim xox

Michelle said...

Hi, Kim! How are your baby girls? Was the Christmas season good to your business? I sure hope so cuz you've got to be the most talented lady I know.

Good news: I've lost ten pounds. I just don't want to eat the way I used to, but I'm trying to eat something at every meal so that my body has something to work with as far as healing. However, I shall always be sucker for chocolate! :o)

Thanks for the prayers, and keep 'em coming please. They're working!!!!

Love you!

Kimberly said...

Woo hoo! That's awesome Michelle! I know this is one situation where it's great to be a loser! (Have you seen new-ish blog? All about how things are going for me on the weight loss front. (Click the yellow ribbon on my brown bag studio blog)
Keep up the great work... you know, healing and losing...

Michelle said...

I'm trying very hard to be obedient to my doctor. He really doesn't want me leaving the house until this weekend (to help prevent infection), but I'm ITCHING to get the heck outta here! :o)

I feel like I live in a dollhouse. There's nothing wrong with my home; in fact, it's perfect for me and the boys. It's just that I've looked at these walls for so long...

I'll talk to you soon!