Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, February 19, 2009

feelin' the love!

I spent most of the morning talking to my Mom as she folded my laundry. I made her some coffee, and we enjoyed each other's company. VERY nice...

Then I went to church to tackle some paperwork at 1:00. When I looked at the pile, I decided to wait until another day. I'll start in the morning, either tomorrow or Saturday. I have a few things to do tomorrow, so it will probably have to wait.

Then I spent some time talking to a friend. I warned him that I had an attitude, but he invited me over anyway. I wasn't in a good mood yesterday and certainly wasn't very friendly to him or anybody else (especially my own kids). He is the only one on the planet who knows every character flaw I have and pretty much every sin I've ever done, yet he remains my friend. Although we were praying about some really important topics and loved ones, spending some quiet time with him was, by far, the most relaxing part of my day.

I just got home from a fantastic evening at the home of friends from church. This couple worked together to cook a fabulous taco dinner with lots of fresh veggies! My boys inhaled it! Then we had a little bit of ice cream for dessert (moose tracks or mint chocolate chip ice cream). After that, the Mom and I had some girl time while the boys watched television and bonded in their own way. ;o)

While I was visiting with them, my buddy, John, called to let me know he's stopping over tomorrow to bring supper (chicken) for me and the boys. He wanted to give me a heads up so that I wouldn't start cooking.

Aren't they sweet? My friends are awesome! I'm feeling much better, yet they wanted to bless me with good food and fellowship anyway!

I don't think any of these folks read my blog, but I just want to say how much I love them. They are such wonderful people! I couldn't ask for a more compassionate, loving, thoughtful, inspiring group to be my friends. Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Once again, wishing I loved closer! I'd love to treat you to dinner!
I'm off to bed... goodnight!

Michelle said...

Me too! I'd love to spend hours looking at your work up close. The pictures are fabulous, but your gift for me is much more beautiful in my hands! :o)

You are sooooo talented!

I hope your daughter found a pen pal, and I also hope that everyone is healthy!