Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, February 14, 2009

nice afternoon

Mom popped over to whisk my son and me to lunch. She brought me a big 'ol chocolate heart (which I gave to my son) along with a Valentine's Day card from my sister. We had lunch at Subway, and it was delicious! I like onions, but these onions were so strong and pungent that it made the sub much worse. After removing 90% of them, it was much more palatable!

I snuck out of the house this afternoon, though. I really really really really really wanted to drive, so I did...only to find out that there's a reason they told me to wait a full month before getting behind the wheel. Although I won't be driving any more this week, I still had fun!

When my son and I returned home, our driveway was full of prepubescent and adolescent boys playing basketball, even though they know good and well they're not allowed to play unless J. is home. (He's spending the weekend with the other side of the family.) S. wanted to handle the situation, so I let him try...but they kept playing anyway. Naturally, the "Mommy" in me surfaced: "I love you, but you know you're not allowed to play unless my son is home. You may come back tomorrow after 2:00. Bye!"

That's all it took. Everyone, regardless of race or age, can understand when a Momma is serious or not.

I was serious.

Then I went to check the mail, and guess what I found! A dozen red roses! They were from my nephew in Florida. He's like my brother since he was raised in my parents' home. We got along so well as kids; we didn't have time to argue because we were having too much fun! We shared everything: computers, toys, G. I. Joe and Star Wars action figures, etc. [I wish my boys liked each other as much!] I was definitely a tomboy and hated Barbie dolls.

I thank God for such thoughtful, loving people in my life. Now I'm off to fry some fish for the potluck tomorrow. Since I only got a few hours of sleep, I'm probably going to bed early tonight, so have a great evening!


No comments: