Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Wow...three posts in one day! I keep thinking of more ideas to write about here. I figured I'd send some love your way cuz I might forget by tomorrow! :o) My Saturday will be spent frying fish for the potluck at church. I don't want to cook it Sunday morning and let it sit for two hours; I don't want people to get sick. So I'm frying it tomorrow and putting it in the freezer. I can heat it in the microwave at church.

My nephew called my Mom today and said, "Grandma, what do you and Michelle have planned for Valentine's Day?"

I cracked up laughing! Even when I was married, I didn't do much (mostly because he forgot or wasn't home). I love cards, so he usually got one, but there were many holidays when I didn't get anything...not even a hug. It's all good, though; I got used to it.

Now I have two young men in my life (my boys), and they will get their Valentine's Day treats tomorrow morning. I've had their stuff for quite a while because I bought everything when a ride to the store was available.

I try to be happy on Valentine's Day (and Sweetest Day in October), but this lovey-dovey kind of holiday is really just a stark, brutal reminder of the reality of my own singlehood. That's hurtful sometimes, especially when I don't particularly want to be alone anymore. I truly can't complain about being single, though, because God is taking care of all of my needs (and most of my wants).

It would be nice, though, to share my life with someone special. Maybe someday...

For now, please accept a hug from me on Valentine's Day. I have friends who mean a great deal to me, and I send you love on this special day. May God's love and peace be with you always!

Love you!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hugs right back at you, Babe! Maybe sometime we can go out for something totally indulgent that we would never splurge on otherwise... and just think - it'll be cheaper 'cause it won't be Valentines' Day!

Have a great weekend! Hugs, Kim

Michelle said...

That would be fabulous!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!