Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, February 26, 2009

cool conversation

I was at my favorite coffee shop grading papers this morning when my friend, John, popped over to chat for a while. That was at 11:00, and I just returned home at 5:00! What a long chit chat! He gave me a guy's perspective on some things, and I think all of that will help me with my boys.

He also shared some extremely encouraging words about my reputation as a teacher...words that came from the mouths of board members and parents! Wow! My ego got stroked today, and it felt goooood!!!! :o) (Don't worry; I'll ask God to restore some humility in a minute...just let me enjoy this for a while...)

I suppose the best part of our conversation was his advice on how to stay happy. I know what I've got to do about some personal stuff now. Actually, I've known for a while, but I just didn't want to do it. It's hard to rearrange friendships that simply aren't healthy for you, you know? I seem to keep making excuses, telling myself that I can "handle it," but I'm not doing a very good job.

I'm so glad I saw him today.

Lord, help me. I pray, in Jesus' name, that you will let me know what to say and how to say it when the time comes. God, please give me the strength to do what I have to do...

No comments: