Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm a WHAT?

Apparently a man who has attended my church thinks I'm a "babe," and he asked his mother about me. This woman happens to be a friend of mine, and she kindly offered to drive me to and from Bible study this evening.

We've been talking a lot lately, and it turns out that she and I are more alike than I ever thought possible...even down to our eccentric attitudes before we got serious about serving the Lord.

She made me promise that I'd never tell her son that she mentioned anything to me, and I did promise...but there's no harm in mentioning it here, right?

I asked her, "You mean he's not afraid of my kids? I would think men would hesitate to date a woman with two teenage boys." She said, "Nope, he's not afraid at all. In fact, I told him, 'Now you give her some space. She's been through a lot.'"

Then he asked his momma, "Well, how much space does a person need?"

I love it!

Then I asked, "D., do you know how old I am? I'm going to be 38, so I think I might be too old for your son (who is 29 or 30)."

She said, "That don't mean a thing. [insert Alabama twang] Don't worry about it. Let God move; you just be patient. You never know what the Lord has planned for you."

In the meantime, as I wait patiently on the Lord, I can't help but revel in the fact that a cute (and much younger) guy likes my singing voice and thinks I'm a... well, babe!

Ha! Ha!




2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Not just a babe... a short & spunky babe!

Michelle said...

Ha! I love it!!!!!

Kim, this guy is really handsome. He seemed a bit shy when I first met him, and he never seemed to want to talk to me. I've tried to say "hi!" a few times, but all I got was a quick smile before he quickly walked out of church.

I never would have thought in a million years he'd ask his mother, "Hey Mom, who's that babe playing the keyboard?"

Now I realize that I know close to NOTHING about boys. Dating? Here we go...

:o)