Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 13, 2009

What a "trip"!

My Mom decided to stop by and see if I wanted to go to the library. Of course I did! I'd do anything to get out of this house, but I absolutely LOVE going to the library!

She was babysitting my 3 and 4 year-old nieces, and they were such a hoot but sooooo loud! Their mother raised them a bit differently than I raised my boys, and it shows. My kids were not allowed to scream...ever. In our house, one was allowed to cry if in pain, but screaming for fun wasn't an option.

I fear that's a foreign idea to my nieces. Apparently, it's great fun to see who has the best vocal cords while a 75 year-old woman is driving the car.

And no, I did not feel safe. It was clear that their high pitched, nerve-crushing hollering distracted my mother enough that she tried to argue with me about going the wrong direction on a curve [which happened to be in front of the courthouse on a street full of uniformed officers walking on nearby sidewalks]; later, she neglected to use a much needed turn signal on the way home.

(Don't tell her I said that, please.)

All in all, the trip was fruitful. I was able to get six books to enjoy over the last phase of my imprisonment. I will be released on March 4, which is merely a few days away! I can't wait to return to a somewhat normal lifestyle. I miss my job, students, friends, and simple mobility. :o) I am thankful to be walking erect without pain, and now I'm looking forward to being able to work out. Billy Blanks is my buddy. Don't you love Taebo? I am eager for that first rush of endorphins! I was ill long before my surgery, so it has literally been months since I've enjoyed a wonderful workout.

I'll try to remember to keep my camera with me from now on. I haven't posted any pictures lately, and I'll try to change that soon.

No comments: